MAYBE DAILY BLOGS – Comics: No Volume Button?

This is a blog post. It may not be daily. If it isn’t, then… deal with it. I don’t know.

Hello everyone! Let’s get straight into the point. What is a wisdom tale? Well, to summarize, it’s a tale of wisdom that normally ends in a moral. For example,

»Little Timmy was mowing the lawn, when suddenly, THE GREAT STAG APPEARED. THE GREAT STAG GIFTED THE SMALL BOY WITH A TRUE PURPOSE: BECOMING A SUCCESSFUL MERCHANT AND TRADER. AS THE PURPOSE FLOWED WITHIN HIM, HE FELT A SENSE OF ONENESS. LIFE BREATHED INTO HIM, AS HE FLOATED INTO THE AIR AND TRANSFORMED INTO A CREATURE OF FEAR. A CREATURE OF DREAD. HE HAD BECOME Billy the Merchant Boy! »

Moral: Don’t be yourself.

Anyways, a wisdom tale is like that, but good. Like « nice » good. Almost every wisdom tale has a good ending, or ends with a nice moral. I chose Antlers for my wisdom tale. Why? (other than the fact that it was one of the shortest wisdom tales, therefore making it easier to research) I chose Antlers because of the simple message: « Don’t take everything for granted. » Simple. The story goes: Some deer thinks his legs are bad and his antlers are really cool. His antlers get him stuck in a tree, ripe for hunting. His legs allow him to escape real fast. He learns that his legs were useful after all.

Moral: Never take anything for granted. SEE? Simple.

Mr. Brittain Peck, a visual storyteller, came and spoke to the whole 6th grade. He taught that that comic doesn’t have to be overly complicated. It can be as simple as possible and still look pleasing. He also taught me about color usage. Use the same colors for a scene, otherwise your comic will look all wonky. So, I kept my comic simple and my colors consistent. Mr. Peck is really cool.

I used Sketchbook as my drawing app for my comic, here are some tips:

Use layers. If you are using layers on a drawing, then it doesn’t matter if you make an improper stroke, because one layer won’t affect other layers. Using only one layer leaves more room to mess up a big piece of the drawing.

AIGGHHHTT EEERRRYYYBBBBoDDDDEEEEEYYYYIIIII! I’ll see you in my next blog post, not about math!

2 thoughts on “MAYBE DAILY BLOGS – Comics: No Volume Button?

1. I thought that your style for the comic was really good. But I’m wondering why you named the post “No volume button?”