Habits — No Bluetooth Connection? – Maybe Daily Blogs

Hello.

A ‘habit’ is one of those words that I know, but haven’t defined yet in my brain. I say a habit is repetitive action to the point where your brain subconsciously knows to do that thing, but that’s too long. The dictionary says that a habit is a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up. Now that we know the meaning of a habit, let’s get into the homework part. 

Each week in and out of class, we did a daily plank position. It was only 30 seconds at first. Not too much. Not too little. I thought 30 seconds wouldn’t be that hard. 

I died a little bit during our first plank. But I got better overtime. The planking got easier. 30 seconds seems like a cakewalk now. Why? Because of the compound effect. SEGUE!

The compound effect is one of those instances that I know, but is too long to describe. It’s like adding x amount of [habit] to your habit. 

If x = time and h = planking, then (x+h) * (days + x) = ce (compound effect). Quite simple, right? The compound effect is really powerful, mostly because you can control how you start and how you end. Start at 2 second planks, whatever. If you add 1 second per day, you’ll still have 30 second planks in no time. And they’ll be easier. And your stamina will improve. Then, before you know it, EXPONENTIAL GROWTH. Two second planks seem a lot easier now. 

Keeping up with the habit was super duper extra dextra hard because it was painful to do the plank. I really, REALLY did not want to plank for that reason. And because of that, I lost days. Then I realized I could plank for a solid 2 minutes and 16 seconds and my worries were carried away on a lake being serenaded by talking crabs. Don’t ask about that analogy. 

My new habit is to doodle a little bit in my journal every day. It might seem super duper really deally easy, but it’s a start that could help me improve on other habits. 

AIGHT ERRYBODODEEEEE!!!!!! I AM OUT! CYA IN MY NEXT BLOG WHERE I TALK ABOUT MATH! (For real this time)

One thought on “Habits — No Bluetooth Connection? – Maybe Daily Blogs